April, 2019 [Decisions]
- Goldsun Building Materials Co., Ltd., Taiwan Cement Corporation, Ya Tung Ready Mixed Concrete Co., Ltd., Universal Cement Corporation and Tian Cheng (transliteration) Concrete Co., Ltd. jointly issued notices in mid-December 2018 to inform customers of the ready-mixed concrete price increase starting on Jan. 1, 2019. The practice was in violation of the regulation against concerted actions specified in Article 15 (1) of the Fair Trade Act. The FTC imposed administrative fines of NT$20 million, 20 million, 11 million, 8 million and 1 million on the five companies, respectively, or NT$60 million in total.
- Fu Cheng (transliteration) Enterprise Co., adopted unlawful means to attract unspecific individuals to engage in domestic OEM work and asked them to pay extra costs. The practice was deceptive conduct affecting trading order in violation of Article 25 of the Fair Trade Act. In addition to ordering the company to immediately cease the unlawful act, the FTC imposed on it an administrative fine of NT$500,000.
- Eharta 365 Co., Ltd., a multi-level marketing business, violated (1) Articles 6 (1) and 7 (1) of the Multi-level Marketing Supervision Act by starting operation and changing its product items without filing with the FTC in advance, and also (2) Article 14 of the same act by failing to include statutorily required information in the participant contract such as the company's sales system, multi-level marketing regulations and the rights and obligations of participants. The FTC ordered the company to immediately cease the (2) unlawful act, sign new contracts with participants carrying statutorily required information and present it to the FTC for reference within one month after receiving the disposition, and imposed an administrative fine of NT$300,000 on the company.
- Water Plus Co., Ltd. claimed that the product had been certified and awarded the Energy Label and also posted the Energy label when marketing the "Warm and Hot Water Dispenser (Model No. LC-610)" on its website. The practice was a false and misleading representation with regard to quality of product affecting transaction decisions in violation of Article 21 (1) of the Fair Trade Act. The FTC imposed an administrative fine of NT$50,000 on the company.
- Athena International Co., Ltd., a multi-level marketing business, violated Article 7 (1) of the Multi-level Marketing Supervision Act by failing to file with the FTC before changing its office location. The FTC imposed an administrative fine of NT$50,000 on the company.
《In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese Version, the latter shall prevail.》
Updated at：2019-05-20 15:58:04